In the fast-paced world of telecommunications, technology is constantly evolving, making it essential for companies to stay ahead of the game. However, keeping up with the latest equipment can be costly, leading many organizations to explore alternative options. One such solution is telecom electronic refurbishing, a process that can breathe new life into used devices. Any company that provides this service has their own process of telecom electronic refurbishment. At CEA Power we want to provide our customers with the best experience and the best outcome, Therefore, CEA has a specific process with many benefits for your business.
Benefits & Process
- Understanding the Unit: When a customer decides to refurbish their telecom equipment, the first step is to outline the specifications of the unit in question. This involves working with the sales team and documenting the unit’s model, condition, and any known issues. Once the unit is thoroughly assessed, it is taken back to our highly qualified engineering team for further evaluation.
- Evaluation and Quotation: CEA’s engineering team will thoroughly discuss and review the unit to identify any potential problems and determine the scope of refurbishment required. Based on their assessment, a quotation is provided to the customer, outlining the estimated costs and time required for the refurbishment process.
- Shipping to CEA: Upon approval of the quotation, the customer pays shipping costs to and from our warehouse where it will be thoroughly assessed and tested. Secure packaging and proper handling ensure the safe transportation of the unit to the refurbishment facility.
- Refurbishment Process: At our facility, our skilled team undertakes the refurbishment process. They meticulously repair and replace faulty components, ensuring that the unit is restored to its optimal functionality. The process involves troubleshooting, repairing or replacing defective parts, cleaning, and performing rigorous quality control checks.
- Non-Repairable Units: In some cases, despite the best efforts of the refurbishment team, a unit may be deemed non-repairable. In such instances, the customer is not charged for the evaluation, but they are responsible for the shipping costs. However, it is important to note that in 9 out of 10 cases, the refurbishment process is successful, bringing new life into the equipment and saving you on cost.
- Receiving the Refurbished Item: Once the refurbishment process is complete, the customer receives the refurbished telecom equipment. CEA ensures that the item is packaged securely to prevent any damage during transit.
- Working Spare and Cost Savings: By opting for telecom electronic refurbishment, businesses gain a valuable working spare without incurring the significant costs associated with purchasing new equipment. This spare can prove crucial during emergencies or when a quick replacement is required, minimizing downtime and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Turnaround Time: The refurbishment process typically takes around 3 to 4 weeks, barring exceptionally busy seasons. This turnaround time allows the refurbishment team to thoroughly assess, repair, and test the equipment to ensure its optimal performance before returning it to the customer.
- Products: At CEA we repair a wide range of power equipment, from Calix and Adtran to every type of power system across the board, including test sets. Your challenge is our challenge, and we’re happy to tackle repairs.
Partnering with CEA Power
Telecom electronic refurbishment provides a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution for businesses in need of reliable telecom equipment. By partnering with CEA power, organizations can extend the lifespan of their existing devices, keep their back up running smoothly, reduce waste, and enjoy significant cost savings. Refurbishment offers a practical way to obtain working spares and maintain uninterrupted operations. Consider telecom electronic refurbishment as a smart strategy to keep pace with evolving technologies while making a positive impact on your organization’s bottom line.